- SPEAK TO US
Amalia always prefers to speak to our prospective commissioners personally. Email Amalia at email@example.com with a brief outline of your project or to arrange a phone call.
We are more than happy to call our potential commissioners but if you prefer we can be reached on 07710 651 172. If you are in the United States you will need to dial 011 44 7710 651 172.
- SEND US PHOTOS
Most of the time, we can find images on-line, which are sufficient for us to provide a quote and design. Any images you can send us, will help to speed up the process. Amalia will then provide a design sketch.
- RECEIVE QUOTATION
Our quotation will include the following details:
- Size of the print
- Price and payment terms
- Edition and quantity
Frequently Asked Questions
- HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
- A commission can usually take 3-4 weeks. We will arrange a schedule and we will keep you informed of how the commission is progressing.
- HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- Commissions cost more than an original piece of artwork from Linescapes.co.uk. This is due to the process and time it takes for them to create something bespoke to you. However what you gain from it as a unique and personal piece which is priceless. During the initial consultation Amalia will provide you with an cost proposal.
Any initial concerns around it being an expensive process or one where you will have little control will be quickly alleviated as commissioning is an affordable process and one we keep you fully engaged with as your artwork is produced.
- WHEN WILL PAYMENT BE REQUIRED?
- Once you have agreed the commission, 50% upfront with 50% prior final delivery.
- WHAT IF I DON'T LIKE THE FINAL PIECE?
- Fear not, this is highly unlikely to happen. We provide the full details of the cost and options available with you before the commission begins, so there is total communication and thorough understanding of what you want.
- WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE SOMETHING?
- Throughout the process we will keep you informed of the progress of the work as it develops and agree at what stages you are able to make requests. We want to get it right for you as our client, so changes are usually carried out with the agreement of both parties. Your final commission will arrive in whatever format you agreed upon in your consultation.
- WHAT SIZE CAN I GET?
- Amalia will work with you to recommend the best size depending on the level of detail and size of the building. But prints are available in 175x125mm print on 10x8" mount, A4, A4/A3 mount, A3, 20"x16", A2 and A1. During the initial consultation Amalia will confirm the size with you in order to provide the correct print costs.
- DOES IT COME FRAMED?
- No the print does not, with so many choices of frame it does not come with one as standard. We are happy to provide a cost for a frame, please include this in your brief and price request.
Framing is optional and it is £30 for small prints, £40 for A3 and £60 for the 20x16" frame. We have a choice of frames so we can discuss this later on if you want it framed.
- CAN I MEET THE ARTIST?
- Yes, normally you can meet with Amalia. Occasionally, if you live far away or are based abroad, it is not possible but we can usually arrange a telephone conversation. Any travel is charged for.
- IS MY COMMISSION COPYRIGHTED?
- During initial consultation it's a good idea to discuss up front with us exactly what rights you're purchasing along with the commission. If you are only purchasing the original with the intent to hang it on your wall? In that case the copyright remains with Linescapes and we can make prints from a digital copy of it, or use it in our portfolio, or license the image out. This is legally bound, and if you'd like to obtain further rights to the image, you'll need to discuss any additional cost with Linescapes.